On August 19th, Country Calendar did a feature on Hemp seed oil. 'A Hawke's Bay farmer pioneers hemp growing, making oil from the seeds of a plant closely related to marijuana. The oil is used in cooking and has potential as a health supplement'. If you missed it here is the link for TV on Demand. It is definitely worth 30 minutes of your time!
It’s all about the growing of Hemp and producing an Omega-rich oil from the seed, we can do this currently in New Zealand as Industrial Hemp.
Waihi Bush Organic Farm Gourmet Hempseed oil is ORGANIC, RAW, cold-pressed, extra virgin and is delicious as well as nutritious. As this oil is precious we protect it from heat, light and air the 3 precursors for rancidity in Omega-rich oils. This preserves the nutritious qualities and gives it that beautiful grassy note synonymous with hemp.
- Hemp Seed Oil contains Essential Fatty Acids (Omega’s) that are essential for our health and wellbeing. These “good fats” are needed by our bodies to strengthen immunity and increase energy levels.
- Hemp Seed Oil can support healthy cardiovascular function with its Omega’s which towards good heart health.
- Hemp Seed Oil has an ideal ratio of omegas along with other minerals and properties that help naturally reduce inflammation and improve immunity.
- Hemp Seed Oil’s Essential Fatty Acids have been shown to promote a healthy microbiome in the intestine which is fundamental to good health.
- Hemp Seed Oil also contains Gamma-Linolenic and Stearidonic acids (GLA & SDA) which are easily converted by the body to help regulate hormone balance and support menopause health
Storage: Hempseed Oil like all of our oils can be stored in the fridge and used within 6 weeks or popped in the freezer and the 6 weeks starts from the day you take it out! Helps you stock up!
Use: In salads and food dressings, drizzling or tossing through warm food or in that morning smoothie! Follow this link for our GREEN GODDESS SMOOTHIE