How is Chia Seed flour made?
The chia seed is nutrient dense and packs a punch of energy boosting power. Aztec warriors ate chia seeds to give them high energy and endurance. They said just 1 spoonful of chia could sustain them for 24 hours. Chia means “strength” in the Mayan language, and they were known as “runners food” because runners and warriors would use them as fuel while running long distances or during battle.
Not only that, but recent research has found that the chia seed benefits are even greater than we realised. Chia seed benefits include promoting healthy skin, reducing signs of aging, supporting the heart and digestive system, building stronger bones and muscles and so much more.
Waihi bush organic farm source quality organic chia seed from it’s native South America and then use our own unique process to produce superior fresh cold-pressed chia seed oil and what is left of the seed is then milled to make a fine flour.
About Chia Seed Flour:
- It provides an excellent source of calcium without consuming dairy products. Essential for building and maintaining strong healthy bones. Your heart, muscles and nerves also need calcium to function properly.
- It is a rich dietary source of minerals; Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus and Zinc.
- It offers a healthy and simple substitute for eggs in baking and cooking.
- It is not only gluten free but grain, dairy, nut and soy free, and is a great substitute for wheat based flour whilst adding nutritional advantage✓
- It is a great way to incorporate antioxidents in your diet. Getting antioxidents from your food is far more effective and safer than from supplements. Antioxidents are essential to our existence; they fight damage caused by free radicals that can harm your cellular structure.
- It is a rich source of omega-3 which is one of the most important essential nutrients. Your body cannot make it so you must consume it. It is crucial for your physical and mental health.
- It is suitable for paleo based diets and for those looking for a ketogenic or low carb alternative. It will help you incorporate the necessary dietary fibre required to maintain good gut health and support your liver.
- Fibre is the only food in plants and not only helps keep you regular but plays a part in protecting against bowel disorder and other health issues.
Ingredients: 100% cold-pressed organically certified Chia seed flour
- Use as an egg substitute.
- Blend into your favourite smoothie, yoghurt or shake.
- Use as a substitute for grain based flour in bread and other baking.
- Great as a nourishing thickner in soups and graviety.
- As a nutritious sugar free way to set jam or other fruit based spreads.
- Sprinkle over your favourite breakfast cereal or use as an ingredient in muesli or porridge.