How is Chia Seed Oil Made?
he chia seed is nutrient dense and packs a punch of energy boosting power. Aztec warriors ate chia seeds to give them high energy and endurance. They said just 1 spoonful of chia could sustain them for 24 hours. Chia means “strength” in the Mayan language, and they were known as “runners food” because runners and warriors would use them as fuel while running long distances or during battle.
Not only that, but recent research has found that the chia seed benefits are even greater than we realised. Chia seed benefits include promoting healthy skin, reducing signs of aging, supporting the heart and digestive system, building stronger bones and muscles and more.
Waihi bush organic farm source quality organic chia seed from it’s native South America and then use our own unique process to produce superior fresh cold-pressed chia seed oil.
About chia seed oil:
- chia seed oil is our pure, cold pressed, unrefined, extra virgin, organic chia seed oil of the highest quality
- chia seed oil contains 61% Omega 3
- chia seed oil helps generate more energy and reduce inflammation
- The great flavour makes chia seed oil a great addition to your favourite recipes and for salad dressings
- chia seed oil added to a vitamin-packed smoothie will help make those fat-soluble vitamins more available to your body
Why do you need Omega-3?
- The body cannot make omega-3, you must get it from your food to function well.
- Beauty from within - naturally good for your skin, hair and nails.
- Omega-3 is required for normal cell, tissue, gland & organ function, for a well-balanced body.
- Supports brain development & function
Ingredients: Cold Pressed, Unrefined, Extra Virgin, Certified Organic Chia Seed Oil (100%)
- Blend into your favourite yoghurt, smoothie or shake
- Blend into a soup, vegetable smoothie after cooking
- Blend into cottage cheese, hummus, pesto or dip
- Makes an ideal ingredient for a healthy summer salad dressing
- Chia seed oil goes well with vegetable dishes such as greens, salads, steamed vegetables, mashed potato and soups - just drizzle once you're ready to serve.
- Use as a facial on clean dry skin as chia oil is a known to be a good oil for restoring vital moisture, diminishing redness and inhibiting wrinkles.
Note: to protect the nutritional value of this oil, it is not suitable for hot cooking