Our Waihi Bush Organic Farm Flaxseed Oil products are regulated as a food under the New Zealand and Australian Food Safety Program.
This means we only recommend a serving size for any of our products. With natural foods such as Flaxseed Oil and Fibre, any overuse does not cause harm, although symptoms such as increased bowel movement may occur .
We recommend Waihi Bush Organic Farm Flaxseed Oil to be part of and not a replacement for a healthy and well balanced diet.
Please follow all label instructions. Waihi Bush Organic Farm Flaxseed Oil is a natural, whole food and is not meant to prevent, diagnose or cure any disease condition. People with specific nutrient deficiencies should seek professional advice from their Healthcare Practitioner.
Which blend is the best for me?
The below information is designed to help you choose the wWaihi Bush Organic Farm Flaxseed Oil product that best suits your diet and lifestyle.
* Dietary sources of Omega-3
* Dietary sources of Omega-6
- Flaxseed Oil (61%)
- Chia Seed Oil (61%)
- Hemp Seed oil (20%)
- Blackcurrant seed oil (17%)
- Walnut oil (10%)
- Canola oil (7%)
- Wheatgerm (5%)
- Oily fish
- Pastries, biscuits, crackers, cakes
- Crisps, chips, pizza
- Margarine, sauces, mayonnaise
- Polyunsaturated vegetable oils
- Most nuts
- Many processed foods, takeaways
- Meats and other animal products
*Percentages represent Omega-3 ALA as a percentage of total oil content and are taken from USDA, http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ and tests conducted by Independent Laboratories in NZ
Common Symptoms of Omega-3 imbalance
- Dry skin and hair conditions, soft or brittle nails. The most common symptom is some form of skin problem
- Inflammatory conditions - Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis and Arthritis
- Lowered immunity, slow healing and allergic conditions like Asthma
- Vision / dry eye problems, such as those caused by contact lenses
- Learning disorders and behavioural changes like Attention Deficit Disorder and ADHD
- Mental deterioration and mood swings
- Weakness, low energy and fatigue
- Tingling sensations in arms and legs
- Excessive thirst or frequent urination
We suggest everyone starts with Waihi Bush Organic Farm - Flax Boost for 1 -2 months and then try switching to Flax Original unless you have one of the below conditions, in which case you should stay on Flax Boost.
The elderly and those with a chronic health condition such as diabetes, hormonal imbalances or inflammatory conditions may have inefficiencies in the way they metabolise EFAs. Therefore if you fall into any of these groups, Flax Boost should be your first choice.
If you have been taking Flaxseed Oil for a long period of time and have been watching your diet you may get an imbalance the other way and have too much Omega-3 in your system. Your original symptoms may return (e.g. dry skin). This is your signal to switch to Flax Balance, a high-quality source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 with a 1:1 ratio.
Flax Magic is the blend of choice for babies and children as it is uniquely balanced with Omega 3 and Omega 6 to ensure healthy child development and brain growth.
Flax Bloom is recommended for pregnant or lactating women or women going through menopause.
Flax Power is designed to support a healthy prostate as we have boosted the oil with flax lignans and pumpkin seed.