Our waihi bush organic farm product is regulated as a food under the New Zealand and Australian Food Safety Program. This means we can not or do not dose any of our products. With a natural food such as Flax seed oil / fibre the overuse does not cause harm, mild symptoms may occur such as increased bowel movement.
We recommend waihi bush organic farm Flax seed oil to be part of and not a replacement for a healthy and balanced diet. Please follow all label instructions. waihi bush organic farm is a natural whole food and is not meant to prevent, diagnose or cure any disease condition. People with specific nutrient deficiencies may also need professional advice and should consult their Healthcare Practitioner.
Our product keeps you healthy and vibrant when added to a balanced diet. If you suffer from a condition always consult a GP first.
Which blend is the best for me?
The below information is designed to help you choose the waihi bush flax seed oil product that best suits your diet and lifestyle.
* Dietary sources of Omega-3
* Dietary sources of Omega-6
- Flax seed oil (60%)
- Hemp seed oil (20%)
- Blackcurrant seed oil (17%)
- Walnut oil (10%)
- Canola oil (7%)
- Wheatgerm (5%)
- Oily fish
- Pastries, biscuits, crackers, cakes
- Crisps, chips, pizza
- Margarine, sauces, mayonnaise
- Most vegetable oils
- Most nuts
- Many processed foods, takeaways
- Meats and other animal products
*Percentages represent Omega-3 alpha linolenic acid as a percentage of total oil content and are taken from USDA, http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ and tests conducted by Independent Laboratories in NZ
Common Symptoms of Omega-3 imbalance
- Dry skin and hair conditions, soft or brittle nails. The most common symptom is some form of skin problem
- Inflammatory conditions - Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis and Arthritis
- Lowered immunity, slow healing and allergic conditions like Asthma
- Vision / dry eye problems -dry eyes can be caused by contact lenses
- Learning disorders and behavioural changes like Attention Deficit Disorder and ADHD
- Mental deterioration and mood swings
- Weakness, low energy and fatigue
- Tingling sensations in arms and legs
- Excessive thirst or frequent urination
We suggest everyone starts with waihi bush organic farm flax boost for 1 -2 months and then try switching to waihi bush organic farm flax original, unless you have one of the below conditions, in which case you should stay on waihi bush organic farm flax boost.
The elderly and those with a chronic health condition such as diabetes, hormonal imbalances or inflammatory conditions may have inefficiencies in the way they metabolise essential fatty acids. Therefore if you fall into any of these groups, flax boost should be your first choice.
If you have been taking flax seed oil for a long period of time and have been watching your diet you may get imbalance the other way and have too much Omega-3 in your system. Your original symptoms may return (e.g. dry skin). This is your signal to switch to waihi bush organic farm flax balance, a high-quality source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 with a 1:1 ratio.
waihi bush organic farm flax magic is the blend of choice for babies and children as it is uniquely balanced with Omega 3 and Omega 6 to ensure healthy child development and brain growth.
waihi bush organic farm flax bloom is recommended for pregnant or lactating women or women going through menopause.
waihi bush organic farm flax power is designed to minimise the development of prostate symptoms and hormonally based cancers as we have boosted the oil with flax lignans and pumpkin seed.
If You Have A Health Concern *
* Always refer to a GP with a condition and use our products with a healthy balanced diet