How is Coconut Flour made?
For thousands of years, coconuts have formed a regular part of many peoples diet throughout the tropics and sub-tropics. It is an impressively versatile 'nut' that can be used in many delicious recipes. Once the husk has been removed the inner white lining (known as the meat) has the milk extracted and the residue is then dried and ground to create a pure coconut flour with nothing added or removed. Waihi Bush Organic Farm’s partner Zenian Organics sources only high quality certified organic coconut products. It is packaged using Waihi Bush Organic Farm's own process to ensure a superior fresh product reaches you in perfect condition.
About Coconut Flour:
- It contains healthy fats, as MCT oils (medium chain triglycerides) which are great brain fuel! They are easily used by the body for energy.
- It is a low Glycemic Index (GI) food which offers a slow continuous supply of energy and will help make you feel fuller for longer. Low GI foods help maintain a healthy blood sugar level as the carbohydrate is digested slowly, resulting in a more gradual rise in blood glucose levels.
- It is an excellent source of dietary fibre, which is required to support gut health and your liver. Fibre is only found in plants and helps keep you regular. Coconut flour contains more insoluble fibre than wheat bran.
- It contains high-quality protein which is essential for growth and maintenance of muscle and tissue.
- It is a source of bio-available magnesium and copper.
- It is not only gluten free but grain, dairy, nut and soy free and is a great substitute for wheat-based flour whilst adding nutritional advantages.
- It is suitable for those on Paleo based diets and for those looking for a ketogenic or low-carb alternative.
Ingredients: 100% cold-pressed organically certified Coconut Flour