How is pumpkin seed oil made?
Pumpkins are thought to have originated in the ancient Americas. It was one of the first wild plants cultivated for human consumption in the area, which combined with its nutritional properties and easy storage, made it an important part of its culinary history.
Thanks to its high content of carotenoids and liposoluble vitamins, pumpkin seed oil has long been considered an ingredient appropriate for illness prevention, especially for prostate diseases. In addition to that well-known use, research has proved its effectiveness as a treatment for diabetes, anxiety and even cancer.
The World Health Organization recommends consuming pumpkin seeds as a useful way to obtain zinc, which is found in large quantities in the small seeds and maintained through the oil production process.
Waihi bush organic farm source quality organic pumpkin seed from its native America and then use our own unique process to produce superior fresh cold pressed pumpkin seed oil.
- Pumpkin seed oil contains essential fatty acids (known also as good fats or omegas) that are essential to make our bodies function and play a vital role in hormone production.
- Pumpkin seed oil has a rich deliciously nutty flavour making it a culinary speciality
- The properties of Pumpkin seed oil help block damaging effects on the prostate and it’s cells
- The essential fatty acids found in Pumpkin seed oil assist in overall healthy blood cholesterol content by lowering LDL (bad cholesterol) levels and increasing HDL (good cholesterol)
What else do Essential Fatty Acids do?
- Helps to create beauty from within – naturally good for your skin, hair and nails.
- Supports brain function and development.
- Strengthen immune system
- Helpful in inflammatory conditions
- Assist Energy Production
- Diffusion of oxygen into the bloodstream
Ingredients: Cold Pressed, Unrefined, Extra Virgin, Certified Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil (100%)