How is pumpkin seed flour made?
Pumpkins are thought to have originated in the ancient Americas. It was one of the first wild plants cultivated for human consumption in the area, which combined with its nutritional properties and easy storage, made it an important part of its culinary history.
Thanks to its high content of carotenoids and liposoluble vitamins, pumpkin seed oil has long been considered an ingredient appropriate for illness prevention, especially for prostate diseases. In addition to that well-known use, research has proved its effectiveness as a treatment for diabetes, anxiety and even cancer.
The World Health Organization recommends consuming pumpkin seeds as a useful way to obtain zinc, which is found in large quantities in the small seeds and maintained through the oil production process.
Waihi bush organic farm source quality organic pumpkin seed from its native America and then use our own unique process to produce superior fresh cold pressed pumpkin seed oil and then what is left from the seed is milled into a fine flour .
About Pumpkin Seed Flour:
- It contains high quality protein which is essential for growth and maintenance of muscle and bones. It is also important to help your body repair cells and reproduce new ones - especially in children, teens and pregnant women.
- It is a rich dietary source of available essential minerals including; Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus and Zinc. Collectively these minerals enhance immune function, support bone health, transport oxygen throughout the body, maintain healthy cells, support blood sugar and blood pressure regulation, assist energy production and acidity regulation and support an antioxidant function.
- It is not only gluten free but grain, dairy and soy free and is a great substitute for wheat based flour whilst adding nutritional advantages. It is also nut free so can be easily used to replace almond flour.
- It is suitable for paleo based diets and for those looking for a ketogenic or low carb alternative.
- It will help you incorporate the necessary dietary fibre required to maintain good gut health and support your liver. Fibre is only found in plants and not only helps keepyou regular, but plays a part in protecting against bowel disorder and other health problems.
- It is rich in tryptophan; an amino acid that the body converts to serotonin and in turn melatonin “the sleep hormone.” Sprinkle over a piece of fruit towards bedtime to promote restful sleep.
Ingredients: 100% cold-pressed organically certified Pumpkin seed flour
- Blend into your favourite smoothie, yoghurt or shake.
- Use as a substitute for grain based flour in bread and other baking.
- Great for sauces and dough based cooking such as gnocchi or dumplings.
- Sprinkle over your favourite breakfast cereal or use as an ingredient in muesli.