How is Pumpkin Seed Flour made?
Pumpkins are thought to have originated in the ancient Americas. It was one of the first wild plants cultivated for human consumption in the area, which combined with its nutritional properties and easy storage, made it an important part of its culinary history.
Thanks to its high content of minerals, Pumpkin Seed Flour has long been considered a healthy ingredient which should be part of a well balanced diet.
The World Health Organization recommends consuming pumpkin seeds as a useful way to obtain zinc, which is found in large quantities in the small seeds and maintained through the flour production process.
Waihi Bush Organic Farm source quality organic pumpkin seed from its native America and then use our own unique process to produce superior fresh cold pressed pumpkin seed oil and the press cake is milled into a fine flour.
About Pumpkin Seed Flour:
- Is a good source of high-quality vegan protein which supports healthy growth and maintenance of muscle.
- It is a source of available essential minerals including; Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus and Zinc.
- It is not only gluten free but grain, dairy and soy free and is a great substitute for wheat-based flour whilst adding nutritional advantages. It is also nut free so can be used to replace almond flour recipes.
- It is suitable for Paleo based diets and for those looking for a ketogenic or low-carb alternative.
- Is an excellent source of dietary fibre which supports good gut health. Dietary fibre is only found in plants and helps keep you regular but plays a part in protecting against bowel disorders and other health problems.
Ingredients: 100% cold-pressed organically certified Pumpkin Seed Flour