Pumpkin Seed Oil
Pumpkin Seed Oil
Pumpkins are thought to have originated in the ancient America's. It was one of the first wild plants cultivated for human consumption in the area, which combined with its nutritional properties and easy storage, made it an important part of their culinary history.
Thanks to its healthy content of carotenoids and liposoluble vitamins, Pumpkin Seed Oil has long been considered an ideal oil to maintain good health.
Waihi Bush Organic Farm source quality organic Pumpkin Seed and then use our own unique process to produce superior fresh cold pressed Pumpkin Seed Oil .
- Pumpkin Seed Oil is a source of Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) 55% Omega-6 EFA - Linoleic Acid (LA) and 11% Omega-9 (known also as good fats or Omega's) that are essential for healthy body function.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil has a rich deliciously nutty flavour making it a culinary speciality
- Helps to support beauty from within – known to be naturally good for your skin, hair and nails.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil is a source of Vitamin E which contributes to cell protection from free radical damage and normal growth and development in children.
Why do you need EFAs ?
- The body cannot make Omega-6, you must get it from your food to function well.
- Suitable for vegan and vegetarians wanting to add a nutritional boost to their daily diet.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil is the perfect way to top up your Omega-6 levels.
Ingredients: Cold Pressed, Unrefined, Extra Virgin, Certified Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil (100%)
- Blend into your favourite smoothie, yoghurt or shake with one of our Flax Fibre range.
- Can be used as a salad dressing either alone or combined with other healthy oils, lemon or Waihi Bush Organic Farm Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Simply drizzle over soups, asparagus, corn on the cob or any other vegetables and stir fries
- Can be applied directly to the skin as a body moisturizer and to aid hydration
Note: to protect the flavour and nutritional value of this delicate oil, it is not suitable for hot cooking.
Pumpkin Seed Oil will remain fresh and tasty in the fridge for up to 6 weeks. You can place them into the freezer when purchased, as this suspends the shelf life which will kick back in once you take it out to use.
Beautiful nutty flavoured oil made by a lovely Nz business. High quality, tastes great, with the added benefit of shopping local. Highly recommend
Initially purchased for an omega 6 boost it has also given a boost to my prostate. Having lived with BPH for 25 years, I've tried many different supplements for varying degrees of relief. Some worked well, others, seemingly, not at all. I have been taking Waihi Bush pumpkin seed oil (10 ml / day) for 10 days, and at the same time stopped very good, but expensive, 2 a day capsules. The result was a noticeable improvement in flow/volume in the first two days, which has continued. With the expected longer term benefits of omega 6 EFA plus the very welcome improvement in prostate condition, this is a pleasant tasting cost effective addition to the diet which we can also add to salads and other cool dishes.